Beginning in 1952 as a support group for former mental health patients, Horizon House is committed to helping the individuals we serve live a fulfilling life in the community—the life they want and deserve. Horizon House founder Marcella Schmoeger’s pioneering spirit has remained at the core of the work we do at Horizon House. Highlights include:
- Fairmount Primary Care Center at Horizon House -The first behavioral health care center in Philadelphia to integrate medical care and behavioral health.
- Housing First – A unique approach to offering chronically homeless adults with housing and behavioral health services.
- PEACE – The only program of its kind in the Philadelphia region which helps young people with early psychosis.
Through the years, Horizon House has responded to the needs of individuals by broadening its scope of programs and services for adults with behavioral health needs, individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and the homeless. Our goal is for everyone we serve to have the opportunity for growth, community, and a better quality of life. Today, Horizon House serves more than 5,000 adults annually in Pennsylvania and Delaware through programs and services including:
Behavioral Health Services
- Community-Based Treatment
- Employment and Education
- Peer Support
- Residential Treatment
- Housing and Supported Living
- Representative Payee
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Health, and Wellness
Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services
- Supports and Specialized Services
- Intellectual Disability and Behavioral Health Challenges