To our participants, staff, and families,
Horizon House’s priority is the health and wellness of our participants and staff. We will continue to operate ESSENTIAL SERVICES to ensure the people we serve receive the care and supports they need to manage through the Coronavirus crisis.
We are monitoring closely the ever-changing situation across the region, and working daily to adjust our plans to ensure services continue to be provided. We are communicating daily with our staff and are working to make sure your family members and our staff are safe and healthy. During this public health crisis, we will continue to reevaluate the way we provide our services in order to support participants without putting them at greater risk of exposure.
President & CEO
UPDATE: October 7, 2021
Horizon House Implementing COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Just as we were all looking forward to a sense of ‘normal,’ there has been a resurgence in the COVID-19 pandemic, fueled by the Delta Variant.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been encouraging all staff and participants to protect themselves and loved ones from COVID-19 by following safety protocols intended to prevent the spread of the virus. As vaccines became available, we encouraged staff and participants to listen to health officials and become vaccinated. As a health care provider, we must take this responsibility to each other as a high priority.
Over the last month, there have been federal, state and local mandates requiring staff to be vaccinated. Horizon House falls under these mandates and will now require all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone who does not get vaccinated by the agency deadline must get tested twice a week.
Who must be vaccinated?
– All part-time and full-time Horizon House staff
– All temp agency staff providing in-person program support/services
– Independent contractors and temporary staff working at one of our locations
What if someone needs an exemption?
– We understand that this is still a difficult situation for some individuals. If you are in need an exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, contact Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org for exemption forms. If granted an exemption from the vaccination, a person will be required to submit the results of a viral COVID Test two times per week. It must be a PCR or antigen test, rapid tests will not be accepted.
What happens if a staff person does not get vaccinated or complete the COVID testing?
– Failure to become fully vaccinated or complete the weekly COVID testing will result in not being able to work at Horizon House.
Do staff and visitors still need masks?
– Yes, Horizon House’s current protocols, including masking for all, will remain in effect.
CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
Pennsylvania Department of Health
State of Delaware: Delaware’s Coronavirus Website
New Jersey Coronavirus Information Hub
UNICEF: Everything you need to know about washing your hands to protect against coronavirus COVID-19)
CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Manage Anxiety and Stress
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. (TTY 1-800-846-8517)
NAMI – NAMI HELPLINE 800-950-NAMI, M-F, 10 AM – 6 PM ET
Crisis Text Line – Text NAMI to 741-741Connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.