Just as we were all looking forward to a sense of ‘normal,’ there has been a resurgence in the COVID-19 pandemic, fueled by the Delta Variant.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been encouraging all staff and participants to protect themselves and loved ones from COVID-19 by following safety protocols intended to prevent the spread of the virus. As vaccines became available, we encouraged staff and participants to listen to health officials and become vaccinated. As a health care provider, we must take this responsibility to each other as a high priority.
Over the last month, there have been federal, state and local mandates requiring staff to be vaccinated. Horizon House falls under these mandates and will now require all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone who does not get vaccinated by the agency deadline must get tested twice a week.
Who must be vaccinated?
– All part-time and full-time Horizon House staff
– All temp agency staff providing in-person program support/services
– Independent contractors and temporary staff working at one of our locations
What if someone needs an exemption?
– We understand that this is still a difficult situation for some individuals. If you are in need an exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, contact Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org for exemption forms. If granted an exemption from the vaccination, a person will be required to submit the results of a viral COVID Test two times per week. It must be a PCR or antigen test, rapid tests will not be accepted.
What happens if a staff person does not get vaccinated or complete the COVID testing?
– Failure to become fully vaccinated or complete the weekly COVID testing will result in not being able to work at Horizon House.
Do staff and visitors still need masks?
– Yes, Horizon House’s current protocols, including masking for all, will remain in effect.